In the guest chair:
Marki Costello, talent manager and casting director with Become A Host called into the show from LA to discuss bringing her world famous boot camp to Atlanta. Plus, Marki and Dana also uncovered skills you need to be an engaging TV host.
Become A Host offers opportunities and workshops to aspiring hosts seeking to break into the industry.
In the headlines:
- Instacart (a previous guest on The Dana Barrett Show) has confirmed it has raised $220 million, putting it’s current valuation at a cool $2 bil.
- Mayor Reed has made an official statement regarding the termination of Fire Chief, Kelvin Cochran over a controversial book he wrote, had published, and distributed to his staff.
- Georgia’s attempt to fill the shortage of skilled workers in the film industry job market is moving forward with the official launching of the Georgia Film Academy.
- Nasty Gal founder, Sophia Amoruso has handed her CEO role over to a more experienced woman, the company’s current president, Sheree Waterson.
- A custom shoe startup might be the best thing since sliced bread. A company called Shoes of Prey is trying to solve the age old- “I can’t find the perfect shoes for that outfit” problem and they’ve made great strides, announcing a new partnership with Nordstrom.
Turn your passion into profit and learn the Starbucks standards to producing excellent products and keeping employees satisfied. Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of POUR YOUR HEART INTO IT: How Starbucks Built a Company One Cup at a Time by Howard Schultz on Monday, February 9th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.