In the first hour, Emmie Howard, the Founder of Southern Proper joined us to talk about her entrepreneurial journey, the origin of the company and the challenges of managing a growing brand.
She says she built her company around two thing she loves… southern men, and fashion.
Next up, Sam Bond, the General Manager for Lyft Atlanta joined us to talk about the Atlanta Falcons & Atlanta United Partnership , the new Atlanta Lyft Hub, the Delta Partnership, and the new Lyft Lux & Lyft Lux SUV options!
In hour two we decided to pretend it was Friday! Jason Winston, the Festival Director for the Grant Park Summer Shade Festival joined us to share the plans for this weekend’s event!
In the local headlines:
- Georgia’s top transportation official Russell McMurry gets his $100k raise ( http://bit.ly/2vWt1np )
- And probably a big pension boost to go with it ( http://bit.ly/2vTyZFJ )
- Delta announces partnership with Atlanta United through 2020 ( http://bit.ly/2vToNgj )
- Atlanta City Council forms committee to review Confederate street names, monuments ( http://bit.ly/2vWgsbL )
- Fulton County Commission Chairman John Eaves resigns ( http://on-ajc.com/2xbFAd7 )
- Atlanta Arby’s to honor ‘Game of Thrones’ finale with smoked turkey leg ( http://bit.ly/2xc37KW )
In the national headlines:
- Wal-Mart and Google Partner to Challenge Amazon ( http://on.wsj.com/2vXX9z1 )
- Macy’s Hires eBay Executive Amid Management Shakeup ( http://on.wsj.com/2vXMLXW )
- Trump: We’ll probably end up killing NAFTA ‘at some point’ ( http://cnnmon.ie/2vXpOUA )
- Best Buy no longer eclipsed by Amazon ( http://cnnmon.ie/2vXq6uE )
In the Women on Wednesday Headlines:
- Girls Who Code founder: Men build technologies to ‘replace their mothers’ ( http://cnnmon.ie/2x7d4JL )
- Wage Gap Worsens For Millennial Women ( http://for.tn/2vXJ1FM )
- Ellen Pao shares her side of the story ( http://bit.ly/2vXGCLp ) – Her book Reset is due out Sept. 19th
- California bill targets sexual harassment in VC ( http://bit.ly/2vXjahe )