In the Guest Chair:
The new movie “Loving” is in theaters this weekend. Dana had the opportunity to sit down with star, Ruth Negga to discuss history, her role in the film, and why you should see the movie. You can listen to the full interview HERE.
During hour two, Dana had the pleasure of hosting Theia Washington Smith, Executive Director of The City of Atlanta’s Women’s Entrepreneurship Initiative. Theia dished on women in business and the resources the city of Atlanta offers to female entrepreneurs.
In the Local Headlines:
- History Made: First ever openly gay man elected to State House
- Georgia breaks voting record
- Amendments in Georgia
- Transportation and MARTA Votes – big win. ‘bout time
- Arby’s inks deal with franchisee to open 50 new restaurants
- Church’s Chicken begins $40 million, 10-year expansion with 10 new restaurants
- Mansfield, Georgia mayor created a firestorm with partisan Election Day tweet
- Hartsfield-Jackson to open temporary Starbucks in domestic terminal as stop-gap measure
In the National Headlines:
- An ‘I Voted’ Sticker Can Get You Free Stuff, but it Shouldn’t
- Fox News offers Megyn Kelly more than $20 million
- J Crew is getting rid of its entire bridal line
- Walgreen Sues Theranos, Seeks $140 Million in Damages
For other events and appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .