In the guest chair:
It’s Women on Wednesday on The Dana Barrett Show!
During hour one, Diane Pfeifer, Owner of Grits Bits & Strawberry Patch joined Dana in studio to talk things grits and cooking! Diane also shared her incredible story & explained how she became an entrepreneur.
On the Vein Innovations: VITAL EDGE segment, Fitness and Lifestyle Expert, Lisa Tanker, discussed how to live a healthy lifestyle and feel good while doing it!
During hour two, Courtney Vann, Director of Corporate Sales for ROAM: Innovative Workplace, joined Dana to discuss the new ROAM location in Buckhead.
In the national headlines:
- The Apple vs. FBI debate continues
- Cybersecurity expert John McAfee says he’ll decrypt the San Bernardino phone free of charge so Apple doesn’t need to place a back door on its product.
- Microsoft is fighting the DOJ too. Like Apple, Microsoft has also taken a defiant stance against a court’s order to turn over customer data to law enforcement.
- And btw, yesterday I said I’d heard that Bill Gates was on the side of the FBI but I listened to the interview he gave and that’s not actually what he said.
- Macy’s is making a comeback, despite Donald Trump calling for a boycott of the retailer and me getting on them for being open on Thanksgiving AND just generally having lost their edge.
- An update on the lying liars at VW… According to an article in the Wall Street Journal, Volkswagen’s new chief Matthias Müller is surprising some insiders with his campaign to shake up the company’s culture by bringing in executives from outside the company and shedding some of its imperial trappings.
In the local headlines:
- A new study from Georgia State University’s Fiscal Research Center questions the long-term costs and benefits of Georgia’s entertainment tax credit.
- Gov. Deal reaffirms dedication to keeping state film tax credits saying “I think it’s been such a successful program that anyone would be foolish to say this is a bad idea.”
- Cybersecurity alert! Atlanta-based Bastille has discovered a vulnerability in wireless mice and keyboards that leaves billions of PC’s and millions of networks vulnerable.
- MARTA General Manager and CEO Keith Parker has been appointed to President Barack Obama’s National Infrastructure Advisory Council.