In the guest chair:
Atlanta’s own ST!R Marketing CEO, Margaret Lisi joined us this morning to discuss the character traits of C-suite women. What does it take to reach the C-suite? How can women help each other? Giving examples from their past experiences, Margaret and Dana tackled these questions and more on today’s show.
ST!R Marketing knows that every business has a story. The experts at ST!R help businesses find their story and tell it well, resulting in increased revenue and enduring customer relationships.
In the headlines:
- Georgia Power is offering rebates for businesses that want to put in Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations.
- Atlanta is trying to entice a major payments processing company into the city with its 1,200 jobs. Alas, the city they’d be stealing them from is Sandy Springs.
- Legoland has found it’s 10 finalists for the dream job of the century (to play with legos all day) and they’re holding their “Brick Factor” competition this Sunday, November 23rd.
- A former female tech entrepreneur has a new startup in the fashion world. She’s creating jeans in 400 sizes and says she can make the perfect pair of jeans for you based on 5 key data points.
- The USPS has named the first ever female Post Master General.
- IBM CEO Ginni Rometty has become the third woman to join the mostly male Augusta National Golf Club.
- Chocolate may become a rare commodity.
Has the stock market been rigged? Join The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club for a discussion of FLASH BOYS: A WALL STREET REVOLT by Michael Lewis on Monday, December 8th at South City Kitchen in Vinings! Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/
Retail shopping on Thanksgiving is not cool. Eat turkey. Watch football. Have a glass of wine. Hug your family. Or fight with them. Either way don’t go to the mall. And maybe encourage others to stay away too! #savethanksgiving #boycottmacys #boycottblackthursday #StopBlackThursday