In the guest chair:
Creative Coach Solutions Owner and CEO, Bevan Mitchell and Women In Technology Executive Director, Sandy Welfare joined Dana live in studio to discuss brand marketing and challenges for women in STEM fields.
Creative Coach solutions is a one stop shop for corporate brands looking to run a promotional bus tour. They handle every aspect of a tour bus for their clients including the coach, driver, interior customization, exterior graphics and logistics including insurances, maintenance, DOT regulations, etc. They specialize in the corporate market with major clients including ESPN, Home Depot and DirecTV which gives them a better understanding of business needs and expectations than anyone in the industry.
Women in Technology is a formidable force – an engine of change and innovation – that helps women and girls break through barriers and advance opportunities in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). They tell the stories of successful women in STEM fields and will enable more women and girls to write stories of their own. From the classroom to the boardroom, they support, inspire and challenge women so they will fill half of Georgia’s new STEM jobs by 2020.
In the headlines:
- Marietta is ACTUALLY considering an alcohol permit for Six Flags White Water. This just seems like a really bad idea.
- Speaking of bad ideas, some Atlanta Public Schools may no longer have band and orchestra programs for their elementary school kids. APS plans to have 10 fewer band teaching positions and 8 fewer orchestra teaching positions at elementary schools when students return in August. Some APS band and orchestra teachers work at more than one school. The decision means students at some schools will likely return to class in August without the programs.
- Home Depot Data Breach Update. The company is now asking the court to dismiss the lawsuit brought against them by consumers.
- Delta Airlines is testing whether they can load “carry-on” bags faster than you. They’re calling it “Early Valet” and will test on it some flights starting Monday. Umm… According to Dana, “Carry on means I don’t want you touching it, Delta.” Just sayin’.
- Ellen Pao IS going to appeal her gender discrimination case against Kleiner Perkins at a possible cost to her of $1 million bucks.
- Judy Blume publishes her first adult novel in 17 years. She’s 77. In honor of the book (and the woman), several famous women have commented publicly about how much Judy Blume’s books have meant to them.
Join us on June 8th for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Our June selection is GOOD TO GREAT by Jim Collins. If you’ve been meaning to read this for years, now’s your chance! Or, if you read it years ago, time to refresh! Location TBD. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.