In the guest chair:
Hannah Thompson of ANCOFine Cheese joined Dana on the show to give us the dish on upcoming Cheese, Bourbon and Jazz class, hosted by The Cockentrice at Krog Street Market. Audrey Eisen and David Lester with CLAWS, Civil Lawyers Against World Sex Slavery were also in studio to discuss their fundraising Gala and how they’re tackling the problem of human sex trafficking.
The Cheese, Bourbon and Jazz class at The Cockentrice will feature Certified Cheese Professionals and self-proclaimed jazz lovers, including Hannah Thompson and Tim Gaddis, a welcome cocktail and 12 cheese and bourbon pairings. Attendees will also leave with a CD of the jazz music featured throughout the class, a pairing guide, and a greater understanding of how food and music influence each other. Tickets are $65 per person.
CLAWS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that uses the civil justice system to bring pro bono lawsuits on behalf of survivors of sex slavery. Their goal is to empower victims, take economic resources away from those who are benefiting from trafficking, and raise awareness among the public.
In the headlines:
- Downtown’s Peachtree Center is getting three new restaurants.
- The two main actors unions are boycotting Tyler Perry’s new stage play.
- MARTA is installing self-service bike repair kiosks at 7 stations.
- Aaron’s Inc. is donating $5 million to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
- The bizarre war between Donald Trump and Fox host, Megyn Kelly continues.
- And if you want to work at Chipotle, they are having a massive hiring day September 9th. They’ll hire 4,000 people nationwide that day AND they have some pretty good benefits these days… tuition reimbursement, paid leave and sick pay for its more than 50,000 estimated workers.
- And Stephen Colbert is bringing business and tech into his line up of guests for The Late Show. Tesla and Uber CEOs are among the first guests.
Join us Monday, September 21st for the next Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club! Get ready to use the power of relationships to connect and help your colleagues, friends, and associates and increase you personal success so that everyone wins! This month’s selection is NEVER EAT ALONE: and other secrets to success, one relationship at a time by Keith Ferrazzi. We will meet at American Food and Beverage in Buckhead. Get all the details and sign up to attend here: http://www.meetup.com/DBShow/.
For other events and appearances, check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/.