Today’s show was filled with jaw-dropping headlines, amazing guests, and of course- tons of fun! It’s Women on Wednesday!
In the Guest Chair:
The lovely Katie Benson, Owner and Head Floral Designer at Bloom Atlanta joined us in studio! Katie dished on her love for flowers and explained just how she began her entrepreneurial journey.
Retirement Specialist, Pam Yagoda of Southern Advisors was in to talk all things taxes and expressed the importance of planning for your retirement early!
During hour two, Whitney Barnard, CEO and Creative Director at The Scribble Studio, joined Dana and the gang to dish on creativity, starting her Etsy store, and coffee!
Moe Carrick, CEO of Moementum, Inc. and TEDxPeachtree Speaker, phoned in to discuss what makes a great workplace.
In the Local Headlines:
- Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens to become president of Kennesaw State University
- Music Midtown did not contribute money to Piedmont Park in 2015 and 2016
- Trumped! Falcons Monday night game a ratings loser
- Sara Blakely wants to raise $25 million for low-income female entrepreneurs
- Shame on Shanga: Gladys Knight’s son says she lacks the “mental capacity” to remove name from chicken and waffle restaurants
In the National Headlines:
- IMDb will have to remove actors’ ages under new law
- Lands’ End CEO Federica Marchionni is Pushed Out
- Power Posing’ Co-author: ‘I Do Not Believe That ‘Power Pose’ Effects Are Real’
- Elon Musk Outlines Plans for Mission to Mars
- Yahoo Breach: Senators Demand Answers
For other events and appearances:
Check out Dana’s event calendar: http://danabarrett.com/events/ .