In the guest chair:
It’s Women on Wednesday on The Dana Barrett Show!
On the Vein Innovations: VITAL EDGE segment, Dr. Richard Livernois of Woodhams Eye Clinic shared the latest laser solution for people who want to throw away their readers (or never admit they needed them in the first place).
The fabulous Lynn Lilly, CEO of Craftbox Girls also joined Dana to explain how she’s bringing back crafting and to dish on why her company is thriving!
During hour two of the show, Lydia Wilbanks, Senior Vice President at Allison+Partners joined Dana for a chat about earned media and why good PR is all about relationships.
Jacquie Denny, Founder & Chief Development Officer at Everything But the House talked about how they’ve taken the traditional estate sale & auction online but says it’s the white glove, in-person service that really distinguishes what they do.
In the national headlines:
- U.S. and Cuban officials signed an agreement that provides for the reopening of scheduled air services between the two nations for the first time in more than 50 years.
- Would you accept a $10,000 bribe to stay married? A startup called SwanLuv thinks so. Stupid. #FailedBeforeItStarted
- Want a really cute, high tech gift for your child? $499 gets you a kid-sized Tesla Model S. It’s super cute – and goes up to 6 miles per hour.
- American Airlines is suing Gogo for slow in-flight internet.
- The Martin Shkreli story has gone from weird to beyond insane.
- Uber wants you to ride more – so they’re starting a frequent riders club – sort of.
- The Technology Association of Georgia Biz Launch 2016 is now accepting applications.
- Midtown’s Technology Square has a new co-working and event space.
- Georgia’s first professional lacrosse team is now the first National Lacrosse League team ever to land a TV deal with a regional FOX Sports Network.
- Atlanta based Chick-fil-A Inc. will open its second location in New York City this April, creating more than 200 new full- and part-time jobs.