Dr. Gez Agolli, the Managing Director at Progressive Medical joined us in hour one for our monthly check up! He answered listener questions and we talked allergies, gluten, high blood pressure and the benefits of standing desks. Got health questions? Send them our way all month long with the hashtag #AskDrGez, and we’ll save them up for his next visit to the show!
In hour two, James Oliver, Jr. the Founder of WeMontage shared his entrepreneurial journey and shared tips and tricks for pitching to investors, and to press!
In the local headlines:
- You can now buy beer, spirits directly from its makers in Georgia ( http://bit.ly/2iLFrtS )
- Atlanta reaches $31 million deal on civic center ( http://bit.ly/2iKmpUy )
- Mayor Reed, Ceasar Mitchell spar over ethics, contract policies ( http://bit.ly/2iKKR8A )
- Podcasting company HowStuffWorks lands $15 million investment, spins out ( http://bit.ly/2iLfc6H )
- Ford Fry plans new fast-casual concept, food truck for Atlanta ( http://bit.ly/2iLBdlV )
- South Fulton mayor wielding veto power as new city finds its stride ( http://bit.ly/2iMIuSL )
In the national headlines:
- Apple will likely unveil new iPhones on Sept. 12 ( http://cnnmon.ie/2iLotM8 )
- Tesla Faces Complaint From U.S. Labor Board ( http://on.wsj.com/2iMeyWA )
- Americans Are Happier at Work, But Expect a Lot Less ( http://on.wsj.com/2iLV8Bg )
In the Health Headlines: