In the guest chair:
General Manager of Zipcar Atlanta, Zach Ellard, joined us in the studio today to talk all things transportation and car sharing.
Founded in 2000, Zipcar operates the world’s leading car sharing network. Zipcar provides the freedom of “wheels when you want them” to its members, known as “Zipsters,” giving them a convenient, cost-effective and enjoyable alternative to car ownership. Zipcar’s self-service vehicles are available on-demand in conveniently-located reserved parking spots in neighborhoods where members live and work.
Zach has been with Zipcar for two years and manages the day to day operations within Atlanta.
“We started in 2000 creating a new type of urban transportation. It’s a affordable and a sustainable alternative to owning a car.”-Zach Ellard
“Millenials and college students are our biggest customers here in Atlanta.”-Zach Ellard
“We obsess about the member experience. We are always talking to our members and trying to delight them.”-Zach Ellard
“When you put the customer first it really sets you up for success because you care at every level about the customer.”-Zach Ellard
” I’m just sick of surveys in general. I think people are sick of having to tell what they think all the time.”-Dana Barrett
In the headlines:
- The first new shops & restaurants at Buckhead Atlanta are set to open September 18th.
- Dallas based ClubCorp is set to acquire one of Georgia’s fastest growing golf companies, Sequoia Golf for $265 million bucks making ClubCorp more than 5 times bigger than it’s closest competitor.
- Eligible Atlanta travelers will be able to complete their Customs Declarations forms in a new app instead of manually.
- Waffle House CEO Joe Rogers Jr. in court this week over an sex video scandal.
- Walmart wants to be your doctor? Would you go there?
- And someone actually took action to fix a total first world problem. A new USB connector has been developed and it’s reversible.
- Join us on the second Monday of every month at 7:30PM for The Dana Barrett Show Business Book Club. Each month we’ll be discussing a different business book over some yummy (complimentary) appetizers at South City Kitchen Vinings. This month’s book is: ESSENTIALISM: THE DISCIPLINED PURSUIT OF LESS by Greg McKeown – and the meeting is Monday September 8th. Everyone is welcome – but we only have room for 20, so register now!